My Skin Revival Routine

Recently I took a road trip to Arizona. It wasn't crazy far away or for a crazy long time. However my skin didn't care how long or far away it was because I still ended up with four huge pimples all over my face. On top of all the huge zits I have a big issue with my nose having a lot of texture and the menstrual cycle exists. So you can imagine the state my face is in right now. I've been home for about five days and only one of the big ones have gone away (but might soon make an evil comeback). I have been in the process of “reviving” my face and trying to stop this pimple apocalypse and it's actually been working (still talking about the little victory from the disappearance of that one) so I thought I'd share it.



The first thing I do is wash my face with Dermalogica breakout clearing Start Clear face wash. Now I normally have something positive or negative to say about everything, but with this I really don't. It's probably just me, but I don’t really notice a difference in my skin if I use a different face wash. However it makes my skin clean so I have no complaints about it. I also always wash my face with a tear drop shaped face sponge that I own from Ameizii.  I really like it because it foams up like a lupha, and it’s in the shape of a teardrop so you can really get every little creavis of your face. It's also a sponge material, but a bit softer so you really can get your face really clean.
        



After I wash my face I either get Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant or Erase from Lue by Jean Seo, both are powder exfoliants. I pour about a teaspoon size in my hand; mix it with 2 little drops of water; and put all over my face. I wait about ten to fifteen minutes or until it’s dry to wash it off. I get my fingertips wet with warm water and scrub it off in circular motions all around my face (I'm really just re exfoliating). I love them because my face always looks brighter and feels
way softer afterwards. The main difference between the two products is that the Dermalogica one is more scrubby and the Lue one is more brightening.
    

After the scrub I dry my face then put on either a hydrating, peel off, or refining masque (or sometimes all three). However, the one that I've been using more of has been the refining masque. The one that I use is by Dermalogica and it says it will help purify and refine oily skin. Which is exactly what my little oily face needs. But I especially like this because when I wake up the next morning my face isn't shiny, the little bit of rosacea on my cheeks are down and my pores are smaller. Whenever I use the peel off and hydrating masque I use them together. I put the peel off on my nose, forehead, and chin then apply the hydrating masque everywhere else. I like doing this because the peel off is in their pulling out all of the junk in my problem areas, but the hydrating also their so the rest of my face can also benefit from something, and not just sit there. The peel off mask I use is the Black Charcoal masque by Soo’Ae New York and the hydrating one is Dermalogica Hydrating Masque.
     



After the masques are washed off I put on toner. I used to use two different toners; one being the Mamoonde Rose Water Toner (until I ran out) and the other is Dermalogica Multiactive Toner. I like them both because they both refresh and put down a good “base” to get my skin ready for all the products that it's going to be absorbing. I do four sprays of the toner on my face, one around my forehead, left side of my face, nose/chin area, and the right side of my face. I like doing it this way because my entire face gets covered.
     


This is the stage where my skin is prepped and ready to absorb but I don't want to put heavy creams on it yet so I put my holy grail; Bio Oil. I forgot to mention it in my June Favorites article, but it is one of the best things I've ever gotten for my face and body. Now because I have oily skin putting a load of this on is not a good idea so I get my pointer, middle and ring finger and just tip the bottle completely over on them (the hole is really small) to get the perfect amount. I then get my three fingers and rub my fingertips together and rub all over my face. This is my favorite because it makes my face bright and clean and not oily at all. It also gets rid of acne scars, age spots, and stretch marks. So it's really a jack-of-all-trades sort of deal. It's also really nice because it's only ten dollars at Target!



After the oil stage I then move onto the cream stage. I put on Dermalogica Active Moist which hydrates my skin and locks everything that I just put on. After the cream and everything I get my jade roller and roll outward all over my face. I especially love jade rollers because it helps push everything onto my skin. It's probably just me, but my face looks thinner since using it. They’re also super cheap; I got mine from Sallys for five bucks.
   


Now for the final step I get clearing gel and put it on my problem areas. Which are my nose, chin, the two
huge zits on my cheeks, and a spot on my forehead. I use Dermalogica Clearing Gel, it comes out clear and dries clear so you don't have to worry about washing it off your face. It's also not heavy and really gets into the problem area. Leaving an area completely smoothed out or a white head ready to be popped then that ares clear.

That's it for my skin revival routine. I hoped my perspective helped in some way. Now obviously you don't have to use the products mentioned word by word; these are just the ones that have helped me greatly. Even if you don't use any of these products I highly recommend getting the: face sponge, jade roller, and Bio Oil. They have worked wonders for my skin and are by far the cheapest to buy. See you next time!

Comments

Popular Posts