I Tried Allure Beauty Box



I’ve heard a thousand different things about a thousand different beauty boxes. From the ones focused on makeup to another focused on organic disposable period products. So to say the least I was optimistic about Allure when I saw a video of some woman preaching how incredible it was. For those who don’t know Allure is a $15 a month beauty box filled with beauty to skin care to self-tanning products. The box comes with about 6 or so products and a little booklet of some for the editors explaining why they thought that product is a good addition to this months box and prices along with a jelly bag.

  I have been subscribed since March 2019. This month (May 2019) came with an orange bag with a flap to shut it. In this bag I got some skin care some makeup and a random gift card to Hello Fresh just thrown in there. The products I got was a  LARITZY lip gloss in the color Vibe. ST. TROPEZ SELF TAN BRONZING MIST, LUE BY JEAN SEO ERASE CLEANSING EXFOLIATING & BRIGHTENING POWDER, MODELCO EYELITES METALLIC EYESHADOW IN ST BARTS, AMAOREPACIFIC YOUTH REVOLUTION MASK, and finally LANEIGE WATER BANK MOISTURE CREAM.

The one I am going to start off with (and my favorite but that’s beside the point) is the LUE by JEAN SEO. This product is a scrub leave-on mask. I used this last night and it completely transformed by skin. When I got in the shower the first thing I did was cleanse then scrubbed with LUE and left it on the rest of the shower. When I was done I “washed” it off in circular motions making sure that there wasn’t any surface of my face untouched. When I got out and dried off I put on a charcoal peel-off on my T zone. Waited 15 minutes, peeled it off and sprayed on a toner. Then put on a sheet hydrating mask, got my jade roller and rolled out the entire mask, pushing the moisturizer into my skin. The next morning my skin was glowing and hydrated and soft and plump and just everything good you can say to describe how healthy someone's face looks. Its $15( which is nothing for how incredible it is) and can be bought at Evoule.com.

This next product I literally ALWAYS HAVE IN MY BAG WITH ME AT ALL TIMES! It is the BEST glossy pinkish nude that adds the perfect little bit of “pop” to your neutral (or super dramatic) makeup look and compliments your skin instead of clashing with it. I was so relieved when I tried it on for the first time. Afraid that it would make my lips too pale for my face which is a strange problem I have with lip gloss even though I don't have dark skin just tan (or olive skinned as some people would say). I wear a neutral face and eye look, paired with a nude lip liner to fill in my lips then put on Vibe. Vibe retails for $20 and can be bought on Laritizy.com.

One of my main complaints about the beauty box is that you don’t take a quiz on your hair type, skin type, skin color, hair color so when things like moisturizers are in the beauty box majority of the time I can never use them. I have severely oily skin and dry skin. If I put any sort of face moisturizer on it, it drinks it up as if it's the first time I've ever put anything like that on my face, and half way through the day my face looks like an oil spill happened all over my T zone. So its tough when I get a hydrating cream in the box, but can’t use it because most of my hydration creams make my oil problem ten times worse. Which leads me to the next product LANEIGE WATER BANK MOISTURE CREAM. I couldn’t use this so I didn’t and gave it to my mom who only has dry skin. She was not a fan. Everywhere she put it she broke out. But the main area of damage was her cheeks. She put it on one night then awoke to practically the Sierras on her face that morning, Needless to say she threw the product in the trash immediately.

    This next product I’m torn about. It's the MODELCO EYELITES METALLIC EYESHADOW IN ST BARTS, now in the little booklet that I got in this months beauty box the editor say that she just straight up put on St Barts on her lids with a liner. I tried that look and didn’t like it, my eyes felt sticky and it looked like I was trying to recreate Kim Kardashian's Met Gala 2019 “Wet Look “ on my eyes. It was not a fun time. However once I tried it a different way, by putting putting on normal powder eyeshadow and putting St Barts in my crease along with my other shadow to give it more life, it turned out beautifully. So I will definitely be using it that way and not directly on my lid. This can be bought for $12 at Modelco.com.

Another product that I couldn't use ( and was by far the most expensive) was the AMAOREPACIFIC YOUTH REVOLUTION MASK. This was another product given to my mother seeming as though I'm still in high school and won't be needing any youth products for a couple of years ( just stress relief for right now). This product could be used as a mask or moisturizer. She used it as a moisturizer. The amount used was about as big as a dime, and she wasn't super thrilled with the results. She said that it did hydrate which was nice but it just felt heavy. And for $200 I would definitely say that it's not worth it. But that just goes to show how sometimes more money doesn't always mean better results. And it could just be me, but if I'm spending $200 for one skin care product it better be the most amazing thing I've ever purchased in my life. This product retails for (you guessed it) $200 and can be bought at us.amorepacific.com.

    The last product to be honest I'm scared to try. It's the TROPEZ SELF TAN BRONZING MIST, in the bottle it comes in it looks clear which just confuses me because it's supposed to make you turn or “bronzy” and it's clear. I also don’t want to mess up and have my face look like Ross Geller in the one episode in Friends when he goes tanning and only the front of him turns a copper color. It sells for $30 at Ulta.com.

    So overall the May 2019 beauty box was a success (mostly). Their were 2 things that I (or my mom) didn’t like. 1 thing that I was scared to try because of a TV show. 2 things that I loved and, 1 thing that I was on the fence about but like now. I hoped this little article helped you makeup your mind if Allure really is the beauty box to go with based on my perspective. See you next month!









Comments

Popular Posts